- 1 Tom Hardy
- 1.1 Movie List and Television Role Performed by Tom Hardy
- 1.2 Tom Hardy Biography
Edward Thomas Hardy, a British actor and producer, is well known for his impressive acting skills in Hollywood. Tom discovered his passion for acting at a young age after his achievement in the modeling competition, this industry contract leads him to take acting studies at the Drama Centre, London. Later on, Tom started his career as an actor but bagged the attention of mainstream audiences after his breakthrough performance in the film “Inception (2010)”.
Tom Hardy was born to Elizabeth Anne, an artist, and painter, and Chips Hardy, a writer on 15 September 1977, in Hammersmith, London. Tom spent his teenage years battling against drug addiction and alcoholism. He took treatment for his addiction after the completion of his performance in the film “Star Trek: Nemesis (2002). Tom also admitted that his alcohol addiction habits and battle has ended his marriage life with Sarah Ward. After winning the battle against addiction he returned to the film industry in 2003, he has proved his versatile acting skills while playing leading roles in many films and television series, he has never looked behind after debuting in the film industry.
Before debuting in the film industry, the actor has also proven his skills working as a model, he even worked extensively in the British and American theater, respectively. Tom Hardy developed “Shotgun”, an underground theatre with director Robert Delamere in 2006, besides this he is the patron for the charity “Flack”. In 2010, Tom was made Ambassador of the “The Prince’s Trust”, which helps youth to come up from a disadvantage.
Recently Tom Hardy has starred as the iconic in the “Mad Max” (2015), in George Miller’s reboot of his franchise, “Mad Max: Fury Road” (2015). He was also grazed BBC series “Peaky Blinders” (2013) with his acting skills, co-starring Cillian Murphy, and television series “Taboo” (2017) created by Steven Knight. Tom became engaged with fellow English actress Charlotte Riley in 2010, whom he starred in “Wuthering Heights” (2009) and “The Take” (2009), he is busy working with ex-girlfriend Rachael Speed to bring up his young son, Louis Thomas Hardy presently.
Movie List and Television Role Performed by Tom Hardy
Tom Hardy has appeared in many films like RocknRolla (2008), Star Trek: Nemesis (2002), Warrior (2011), and many others. He has won thousands of hearts globally by performing a variety of roles in many films and on television, this list includes movies and television roles like,
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)
- RocknRolla (2008)
- Bronson (2008)
- Warrior (2011)
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011)
- Lawless (2012)
- Locke (2013)
- The Drop (2014)
- The Revenant (2015)
- Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
- Dunkirk (2017)
- RocknRolla (2008)
- Layer Cake (2004)
- Venom (2018)
- “Band of Brothers” (2001) – HBO war drama series.
- “The Virgin Queen” (2005) – BBC historical drama series.
- ITV’s Wuthering Heights (2008).
- “The Take” (2009) – Sky 1 drama series.
- “Peaky Blinders” (2013) – BBC historical crime drama series.
Some Know/Unknown Facts About Tom Hardy
- Tom has successfully quit drinking and smoking until now.
- The actor is a dog lover, thus has supported many ad campaigns from “PETA” in 2015 and has created awareness about pet adoption.
- Tom gained 35 lbs after completing his work as a gaunt homeless man in 2007 to play a prisoner in the film “Bronson” (2008).
- In “GQ” a New York-based magazine named Tom among the list of the 50 best-dressed men.
Tom Hardy Upcoming Movies and Television Shows:
- Venom 2 (2020)
- A Christmas Carol (2020)
- Taboo (Season 2)