Nushrat Bharucha Age, Height, Movies, Biography,
Husband, Hot News & More
Born on 17th May 1985, Nushrat Bharucha is an excellent actress who is known popularly for her bubbly characters in many movies. Her father Tanvir owns a business and mother Tasneem is a homemaker by profession. She has a younger sibling Zain-ul-Bharucha and one elder sister. Her lead roles in the films Love Sex Aur Dhokha (2010), Pyaar Ka Punchnama (2011), Akaash Vani (2013), Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015) and Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018) have earned her name and fame in the Hindi film industry and has established love in the hearts of viewers. She used to do theatres and plays as she had an interest in this field since she was a child. She has done her schooling from Lilavatibai Podar High School, Mumbai.
Her debut movie in the Hindi films was Jai Santoshi Maa (2006), a directorial of Ahmed Siddiqui in which she played the role of “Mahima”. After which she got the chance to work with Jackky Bhagnani in the science fiction movie “Kal Kissne Dekha” (2009). The film was a romantic drama movie where Nushrat’s character was named “Riya”. She has also acted in television series “Seven” (2010) aired on Sony TV which was produced by Yash Chopra.
The next year, she was seen in Dibakar Banerjee’s experimental anthology movie Love Sex Aur Dhokha (2010) along with Rajkumar Rao and Anshuman Jha. Both films failed to impress audiences and were box office flops. Nushrat then got a chance to work with Luv Ranjan by starring alongside Kartik Aryan in his comedy movie “Pyaar Ka Punchnama” (2011). For which her role as Neha got popular among audiences and the film was also a success as it earned 50 crores against the budget of 10 crores.
As the audiences were liking the pair of Kartik and Nushrat, they were next taken as a pair in Luv Ranjan’s movie Akaash Vani (2013) as Akaash (Kartik) and Vani (Nushrat), the leads. However, the film failed to impress their fans but was appraised by critics. During the year 2015, Nushrat appeared in movies Darr @ the mall and Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2. And both films were commercial successes.
As the trio of Kartik, Nushrat, and Luv kept on achieving success, their fourth collaboration was in the movie Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018) which included Sunny Nijar also in the lead playing “Titu” where Nushrat’s role was of “Sweety” and Kartik played as “Sonu”. The film was a box office hit and earned 148.71 crores worldwide and successfully achieved the mark of being superhit commercially. The film also earned her several awards and nominations.
Several Awards Won by Nushrat Bharucha
Nushrat Bharucha has earned several awards for her excellent acting talent in comedy movies and for her fabulous fashion sense and style statements.
- Big Star Entertainment Award for Big Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Role- Female (2015)
- Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Awards for Best Actress in a Negative Role(2017)
- GeoSpa AsiaSpa Awards for Rising Star of India Award (2018)
- Exhibit Tech Awards for Fashion Influencer Of The Year Award (2018)
- Taj Mahal (Telugu) (2010)
- Love Sex Aur Dhokha (Hindi) (2010)
- Pyaar Ka Punchnama (Hindi) (2011)
- Vaaliba Raja (Tamil) (2016)
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (Hindi) (2018)
Nushrat Bharucha’s Upcoming Movies List (2019-2020)
Nushrat Bharucha has two movies and a special appearance in an item number in upcoming movies releasing in 2019 and 2020.
- Turram Khan (2019)
- Dream Girl (2019)
- Marjaavaan(2019) (Special Appearance)
Some Interesting Facts About Nushrat
- Nushrat likes to keep away from the habits of Smoking and Drinking Alcohol.
- She was first seen on the small screen in an ad commercial with Asin.
- She liked performing theatre arts and before getting into the acting industry, she was very much active in theatres.
- She distanced herself from non-vegetarian food for her role in the movie “Akaash Vani”, despite liking it very much.