Taapsee Pannu Age, Movies, Height, Boyfriend, Family,
Wiki, Husband & More
The glamorous actress and model who is popular in the south Indian film industry, Taapsee Pannu, is a Mumbai girl born on 1st August 1987, New Delhi. She comes from an educated family and can be called beauty with brains as she herself holds an engineering degree. Not only does she has the degree but has also gained the experience of working as a software engineer before she auditioned for the Femina Miss India contest in 2008. She shares a lovely bond with her younger sister Shagun Pannu and is always been a family oriented girl as well. Her father, Dilmohan Singh Pannu, works in a real estate company and mother Nirmaljeet Pannu is a housewife.
Taapsee Pannu has been seen in many films since 2010, making her first appearance in the debut film Jhummandi Nadam, which was a Telugu film directed by Raghavendra Rao. Since then she has been seen working in films like Aadukalamin (2011) directed by Vetrimaran, Doubles (2011) directed by Sohan Seenulal. After her success in the Tamil and Malayalam films, she stepped into the Bollywood glam in the year 2013, with the film Chashme Baddoor opposite Ali Zafer. Since then she has been seen in various other Bollywood movies like Baby in 2015, Pink in 2016, the Ghazi attack in 2017 and Judwaa 2 in 2017. In all these movies Taapsee managed to give a performance audience loved. She has been presented as a strong and powerful woman which actually depicts her personality in real life.
Taapsee, though the elder sister, still considers herself the younger one. Her nickname is Maggie and was a careless brat back in her childhood. Unlike others, Taapsee was very fond of going to school and learning new things. She always remained ahead when it came to the co-curricular activities in her school days. The actress is a squash player herself and is a regular player as well.
She always wanted to become an actress and had been modeling for various ads since her college days and later on endorsed in brands like pantaloons, PVR, as well. When it comes to the Leo actress, she prefers not to get married to someone who works in the film industry because according to her, she is the only star in the relationship and will want to keep it that way. Talking about the success story in the South, Taapsee Pannu has been one of the few south Indian actresses to enjoy the status of getting seven releases just in a single year. Not only that but she is been named as “Goddess for all flop heroes” as she has worked in films with many south Indian flop heroes.
Several Awards Won By Taapsee Pannu
- This “Pink” actress has won many awards for her performance and hits
Santoshan Film Awards for Best Actress(Jury) – Mr. Perfect in 2012.
- South African Indian film and Television Awards for Debut Actor of the Year- female -Chashme Baddor in 2012.
- Edison Awards for Most Enthusiastic Performance- Female Award – Arramban in 2014.
- Lux Golden Rose Awards for Rising Star Of The year, Films of India Online Awards for Special Jury Awards- Pink in 2017.
- Lux Golden Rose Awards for Break Through Performance Of The Year Award, The Zee Cine Awards for Extraordinary Impact Award- Female Hindustan times, Most Stylish Awards Under Category HT, Most Stylish Breakthrough Performance, Geo Spa AsiaSpa Awards for best actress- Naam Shabana in 2018.
Taapsee has been seen in various movies be it Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam or Hindi. Few of which are:
- Mr. Perfect (Telugu)(2012)
- Chashme Baddoor(Hindi)(2013)
- Pink( Hindi) (2017)
- Naam Shabana (Hindi) (2018)
- Baby (Hindi0 (2017)
Taapsee’s Upcoming Movies (2019-2020)
With the success reaching its peak Taapsee does have her hands full this year with various movies that are coming her way:
- Mission Mangal (2019)
- Saand Ki Aankh (2019)
- Thappad (2020)
- Agra Ka Daabra (2019)
Some Interesting Facts About Taapsee
- Taapsee is a regular squash player and always make it a point to take out half an hour from her schedule.
- She is a non-smoker and a frequent alcohol drinker.
- Her favorite Destination is Europe and Maldives.
- She learned kathak for 8 years from the famous Birju Maharaj’s discipline.